Why does the connection time out when connecting to a server?
My friend had hosted a Minecraft server before and brought it back up today with my help. He and anyone in his LAN can connect. However we have had a few people try to connect, including me, and when we try to connect it gives the message:
Failed to connect to the server
How do I change my Minecraft username during the 30-day restriction? How do you allocate more RAM to Minecraft? How can I avoid mobs spawning inside my house while I sleep? Is there a way to keep Zombie Pigmen off of minecart tracks in the Nether? How do I survive in the Nether? Minecraft is port forwarded properly but can't log in
Connection timed out: connect
What does this exactly mean? How do we fix this?
One Solution collect form web for “Why does the connection time out when connecting to a server?”
Could be multiple reasons. But basically your game asked to be connected and never received a response.
Usually you want to check :
- Firewall settings
- Router/modem settings (port redirection)
- IP config of the minecraft server (he should listen from the IP of your PC or 0.0.0.0, not 127.0.0.1)
- Check you specify the right port in the connection box
- That you use the correct IP address or server name (and that he does resolve correctly)
- That your server has a working internet connection as well