Why does the connection time out when connecting to a server?
My friend had hosted a Minecraft server before and brought it back up today with my help. He and anyone in his LAN can connect. However we have had a few people try to connect, including me, and when we try to connect it gives the message:
Failed to connect to the server
How do I select two types of entities in Minecraft with the type selector? Netherhorses, are they viable? Keep items in inventory on death in Minecraft Do Minecraft monsters spawn on stairs? How do I op myself in Minecraft 1.5? What is the most efficient level for enchanting?
Connection timed out: connect
What does this exactly mean? How do we fix this?
One Solution collect form web for “Why does the connection time out when connecting to a server?”
Could be multiple reasons. But basically your game asked to be connected and never received a response.
Usually you want to check :
- Firewall settings
- Router/modem settings (port redirection)
- IP config of the minecraft server (he should listen from the IP of your PC or 0.0.0.0, not 127.0.0.1)
- Check you specify the right port in the connection box
- That you use the correct IP address or server name (and that he does resolve correctly)
- That your server has a working internet connection as well