What do shrines do?
I found this statue on chamber three. What does it do?
Are there other kinds of statues/shrines what do they do?
3 Solutions collect form web for “What do shrines do?”
There are a number of shrines in the game, each with different effects. I have found the following:
- ‘The only legible text is “…offering…” The rest is blank.’
- If you use a blank, you’ll get a chest.
- ‘A shrine to a prideful bullet angel, now fallen.’
- You can offer a heart container for additional damage.
- ‘A shrine to a forgotten bullet who laid down his arms…will you?’
- You can offer a gun at the altar for some hearts.
- ‘A shrine to Icosahedrax, the great arbiter.’
- You can choose whether or not to roll the bones. Rolling the bones will give you a random buff+debuff.
- ‘A shrine to Shell’tan, ammo elemental.’
- If you kneel at the altar, you get the status effect “Deal with the devil: The shadows grow darker.” This causes all ammo to be refilled, but also increases the players curse by 3.5.
- A challenge shrine.
- Activating this shrine will spawn three waves of enemies. Defeating all enemies will give you a chest.
- A fountain shrine.
- This shrine will remove all current Curse for a fee. If your curse is 10+, your curse will not be removed.
- Y.V. Shrine
- Permanently gives each gun a chance to fire an additional bullet with no ammo cost.
- Hero Shrine.
Found only at the beginning, this shrine can only be activated after you kill the past of the current character. Activating this shrine will set your curse to 9.
If you shoot a blank in the room with the statue that has ‘The only legible text is ” …offering…” The rest is blank.’ You get a Chest.
here you have all the information about the shrines: