I can't get past the opening splash screen when I try to start playing Skyrim
I just tried to run Skyrim and once the splash screen appears, I hit “Play.” The splash screen blinks and pops up again. Nothing else happens, and the game does not open.
I’m stuck in a endless loop 🙂
It’s not the first time I’ve run the game. I have 28 hours of gameplay already.
I have tried:
- Restarting my PC
- Running Steam as Administrator (if I don’t, I get an error message I can’t completely remember, something along the lines of “Skyrim will… Modify your data”)
4 Solutions collect form web for “I can't get past the opening splash screen when I try to start playing Skyrim”
I’ve fixed it. Steps for those who are having the same problems :
- Close steam (right click on the system tray icon and choose exit)
- Go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\or whatever folder your steam is installed
- Go to
- Delete (or move to desktop to avoid issues if it does not work) the
- Open Steam and go to : Library > Skyrim > Right Click > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game cache
- It will download a “missing” file, 22MB or something
- Ready to play
I hope this helps other people with the same problem!
I tried all of the above plus removing any mods I could find but still no joy. In the end I had to uninstall, delete the Skyrim folder with any mods in it and reinstall. It’s working fine now – minus the mods of course. It had been working fine previously with the mods, but the update must have conflicted with some files.
Deactivating the Steam-Community feature solved the problem on my system.
I’ve had this problem too. I just forgot to install service pack 3 for windows after reformating, so check if you have it 🙂