Hosting my own server for Minecraft pocket edition
With my Minecraft Pocket edition version 0.7.4 I can connect to an external server, but I’m not able to connect to a server I’m running in my computer.
I’ve post detailed information about my setup in another forum. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a special server to connect the pocket edition version?
2 Solutions collect form web for “Hosting my own server for Minecraft pocket edition”
You can’t host a server for Minecraft Pocket Edition using the PC dedicated Minecraft server. Despite the name and visual similarity, in software terms Minecraft and Minecraft PE are completely unrelated and incompatible games.
There are currently two options for hosting a PE server:
- Running an Android simulator on a PC and running Minecraft PE on that.
- Using PocketMine-MP server software.
For a simple, easy, bug-free, full feature MineCraft PE server, the easiest way is to just use a dedicated iPod, iPad, or iPhone.
Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to convert worlds from your MCPC to your MCPE server.
Simply: – Used an old iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone,
- Install the app (free since you already bought it),
- Set lock screen time to “never” (Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Never),
- Start the app
- Set volume to zero
- Place on shelf on a charger
- Forget about it, it just simply works, all the time.
You can copy an existing world from your current device with free programs like iExplorer. Copy your world to the “server idevice”, now everyone in the house can join from their device.